How many bottles do I get?
The actual number of bottles produced when the spirit is mature is different at every bottling. Kilderkin Casks hold 15+ gallons. We fill our Kilderkin Casks to a strength of 120 to 126 proof. After 2 years, assuming evaporation and wood intake of about 12.5%, there will be 13+ gallons of whiskey left in the cask. After correcting the strength to 80 proof, the cask’s contents will fill approximately 100 or more 750ml bottles. If the weather is extremely hot or cold during the 6-year period, the cask will yield fewer or more bottles.
Bottling and packaging charges
Currently $3 per 750ml bottle, including bottles, corks, seals, labels and boxes which hold 12 bottles. The price is subject to and likely to increase from the time of filling the cask to the time of bottling and packaging.
Currently $2,600 for 100 750ml bottles. Taxes must be paid before whiskey can be removed from the warehouse and may increase.
Kilderkin Casks are scheduled to be filled in early 2011. The price includes storage for 22 months from the date of filling.
Kilderkin owners receive these exclusive benefits of futures:
- Owner’s Certificate for you to keep (one per cask with additional provided at preferred rates)
- Your name inscribed on a plaque at the distillery in honor of your purchase
- Invitations to exclusive Cask Owner Visiting Days starting in 2012
- Cask Owner hat (one per cask with additional provided at preferred rates)
- 2 Braeside Farms shot glasses